Food waste makes up approximately 33% of all municipal waste. By implementing a composting program with SLM, food will be diverted from the traditional refuse stream and can radically reduce your disposal fees. A win-win for you.
Types of Composting Offered
- Pig farming
- Worm farming
Items permitted to be composted vary by locality. In general, the following items are permitted in compost piles:
- Fruits (including rinds, peels and seeds)
- Vegetables (including skins and stems)
- Eggs and their shells
- Breads, grains and pasta
- Coffee grounds, filters, loose tea bags
- Meats, seafood, poultry (including bones)
- Napkins, paper plates and other paper products
- Grass clippings, flowers, weeds and leaves
Do Less. Get More Done.
Contact Us Today For A Free Assessment of Your Facility Needs